How to use Essential Oils - FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE FOR ALL ORDERS OVER €50livepages::jquery();?>
Here are a few ways to use essential oils
The skin. Most of the time, essential oils should not be applied directly to the skin (unless diluted with a carrier oil). Do a skin test by placing a dab of oil on a patch of skin. Wait 24 hours to ensure a reaction does not occur.
- Bath time. This is a great way to remove yourself for a bit. Add 8-10 drops to a spoon of milk before adding to the bathwater to help it disperse, inhale, meditate and let go of stress. Some favorite essential oils to bathe in—Lavender, Chamomile, Frankincense and Jasmine — are known throughout the holistic world for their relaxation properties. Eucalyptus is great for its soothing effects on the muscles and joints after streneous exercise.
- Inhale. The inhalation of different essential oils can help balance the body, mind and spirit. Add 5-10 drops of oil to a bowl of steaming water (not boiling) and put a towel over your head. Deeply inhale the vapors from the steam, repeating the process as necessary. Or a few drops of relaxing oils such as Lavender or Chamomile on your pillow before bed will help with deep sleep. Mandarin essential oil is also particularly calming for children
- Humidifier. Add 5-10 drops to a room humidifier twice a day.
- Compress. Compression is great way to apply essential oils to the body for relaxation, headaches, menstrual cramps, sore muscles, etc. Add 5-10 drops of essential oil (peppermint is recommended) to a small bowl of hot water. Dip the towel or washcloth, wring out the excess and compress the towel on affected area. Repeat as towel cools.
- Create a massage blend. Massage is a great way to use essential oils because it aids in the therapeutic aspects of the method. You can research the properties in various essential oils to create a mix that will be most effective for you.
- Diffuse. Some prefer diffusing essential oils, as heating or burning them can make the essential oil less effective. Diffusing disperses the oils in the air and you have a natural air purifier to fill your home. Diffusers also eliminate the need for harmful synthetic air fresheners.
- Spray it on. Create spray bottles with your favorite essential oils and spray sheets, carpet and clothes. You can clean your house with essential oil mixtures. They kill mold, bacteria, dust mites and unpleasant odors.
- Dryer sheets. Add a few of your favorite essential oils to a rag and put it in the dryer with your clothes and sheets. You will smell like your favorite essential oil all day.
- Cleaning. Add a few drops to the hot water in your mop bucket, or to a tissue and add it to the hoover bag to release the essential oils while you clean
- Heating. Add a few drops to a tissue and wipe down your hot radiators or stove then sit back and enjoy the Aromatherapy!